Gazelle differentiates between stock item and non-stock item
- A stock item refers to those items that you keep physical stock in your store. Stock item has quantity associated with it. Every time a sale is made for that item, its quantity will be deducted.
- A non-stock item refers to those items that you do not keep physical stock in your store. For instance, you can have an order-on-demand item or you are offering a service. There will be no quantity associated with a non-stock item.
An item can be defined as stock or non-stock based on whether it has stock entries associated with it. You can see this from the Stock tab inside Stock Detail window:
- Click Item
- Right click on an item and select Edit Item
- Select the Stock tab
An item maybe a stock item on one branch and a non-stock item on another branch.
For example, we can have an item is a stock item for the branch WWW. To make an item non-stock at a particular branch:
- On the Stock tab of Stock Detail window
- Right click on the desired stock entry
- Select Delete Stock
Once you saved the item, that item will be converted to be non-stock for that specific branch.
- By default an item will be created as stock item. To have it converted to non-stock item, you have to edit the item and delete the stock entry as specified above.
- Gazelle calculates cost price for stock items and non-stock items differently. Visit this page for more details.