Gazelle supports most credit card readers in the market. Credit card readers should have the following capabilities:
- Can be configured to read Track 1 Data only
- Read Track 1 Data unencrypted
- Support keyboard emulation mode
The easiest way to see whether your credit card reader is supported is as follows:
- Install your credit card reader
- Configure the credit card reader such that it reads unencrypted Track 1 Data only (as with above requirements)
- Open Notepad (or TextEdit on Mac)
- Swipe your credit card using the reader
- Observe the results in the notepad, the result must be a one-line text that looks similar to this : %B4111111111111111^CARDUSER/JOHN^1803101000000000020000831000000?
If you are seeing two-lines text, this implies that your credit card reader is reading more than 1 tracks. You would need to configure your credit card reader to read only Track 1 data.